Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Profilers

This topic is 6277 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just read the post below about profilers but it wasn''t any help. I don''t have hundreds of dollars to spend on commercial software, let alone a profiler. I have VisualC++ 6 standard, which does not come with microsoft''s profiler, and like I said, I''m a poor bastard and can''t pay hundreds of dollars for any piece of software. So does anyone know of any free profilers available on the web? I did a quick search and didn''t find anything. I''d appreciate some links, thanks..

I would suggest using Intel´s VTUNE it has test version and little registery editing it won´t stop working after two months (Just gues haven´t tried myself).
I don´t know link but search it.

quote:
Original post by Jaxks

I would suggest using Intel´s VTUNE it has test version and little registery editing it won´t stop working after two months (Just gues haven´t tried myself). I don´t know link but search it.

You little pirate bastard.

-Jussi

"We burn like Gods of the Sun"

Guest Anonymous Poster
just code a little program that sets the date to somewhere in your trial period, starts vtune, and sets it back.
guess thats illegal, is it?

quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster

just code a little program that sets the date to somewhere in your trial period, starts vtune, and sets it back.
guess thats illegal, is it?

Of course it''s illegal. The two-week trial period is just what it reads, a trial period. You MUST buy the program if you are going to use it.

-Jussi

This is not legal as you said.

I don''t see why intel don''t want to give it free for non commercial usage ?!

It''ll help many people out and won''t harm them at all.

Maybe we should suggest them ?

BTW, I ''think'' (not sure) that AMD kit as something similar and IS FREE.

Must verify that point.

-* So many things to do, so little time to spend. *-

quote:

This is not legal as you said.

I don''t see why intel don''t want to give it free for non commercial usage ?!

Intel can do whatever they want with their software and if they want to make money (like any other company) they''d obviously NOT give it away for free.
Right now, you might think that this type of license seems reasonable but if you have a company yourself and are trying to make profit you''ll think twice before using it. Fact is, you can''t fully controll the use of your software. If someone would use your software for commercial purposes you there is a big fat chance that you wouldn''t know about it.

That''s why I think that programmers who use pirated software dig their own graves, so to speak.
But that''s a whole other topic

in my personal opinion, it''s the companies who intel is addressing with it''s profiler proggie.
an individual who is programming for his own fun and won''t sell his apps shouldn''t pay hundreds of dollars for a profiler.

quote:
in my personal opinion, it''s the companies who intel is addressing with it''s profiler proggie.
an individual who is programming for his own fun and won''t sell his apps shouldn''t pay hundreds of dollars for a profiler.

He should make one then People buy software to save time, if you program for fun you have lots of time thus you can afford to make one. A true programmer can make his computer dance if he wanted to.