Sign in to follow this  

ITS GOBLIN TIME

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

[edit] - hardlinked the images to not get the page to heavy. "http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/goblinf1.jpg" many c&c's if you like t model plz. [Edited by - mustra on October 8, 2004 6:10:08 AM]

nope, unemployed has hell :P , so much free time i have been doing a new model almost everyday :P, well gonna eat something and fiz the head of the model and post something back :P

she is a cutie ;) my only issue is the ears. If you look in the picture (which I am assuming you are taking inspiration from), the ears do not drop down, and they are not like funnels. The ears on your goblins look more like two funnels sticking out of the head :)

Other than that, I love it! Now just texture it up!

Consider increasing the polygon count to make some of these angles more subtle. It's unlikely any use case would require such a budgeted model.

For example, the nose, chin, and brows all would benefit greatly from refinement. They are not truly pointed in the concept, they are an approximation of pointedness. If the artist had drawn a sharp angle anywhere but at the tips of the ears, you would have noticed (and probably not liked it). Mimic that in your work.

I agree that ears need work. They do a lot for the character and attitude of the drawing, and give the opposite look in the mesh.

The profile can be evaluated in terms of the goblin looking left in the sketch. I think it shows some difference of opinion in the neck width and angle.

Would this work benefit from a little more weight in the toe-area of the foot? They are not visible in the sketch, but if they were drawn as the 3D mesh implies, they would look unstable - almost fragile.

Finally, I think the angle of the brow and the drop-off from the brow to the eye sockets could be altered in your model. The brow is not capable of the expression in the sketch, even with appropriate texturing. You may wish to add polygons, refine and reangle some of these edges.

Mustra, this is your best model. It is great to see you working towards your goals.

thank you all, especially you hundel, your words are like music to my ears, your crittique as amazing, you got me so motivated, ill fix everything that needs fixing right now !!! ill defently gonna finish the mesh today !

new stuff, modified majorly the head, the feet, the neck, the ears (although this part is not as good has i wanted) what do you think ?

[edit] - hardlinked the images to not get the page to heavy.

"http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/agorasim.jpg"
"http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/newgoob.jpg"

although i think this matches more the concept, i think i like the other most, in desperate need of c&c guys!

[Edited by - mustra on October 8, 2004 6:42:10 AM]

The bottom of the ears need to blend into the head, not stick out like they do. I still feel they look like funnels...though less so from the first post. If you were to make them a little taller and more pointed, and have them "mold" into the head, it would look great. They seem to be more "human" like.

The boots look pretty good, but the toe part still looks a little small. If you look at the concept sketch, the goblin in the far back is showing you his foot. As you can see, it has a little "meat" to it. I personally would assume goblins has big feet...not petite little kiddy feet.
Another part of the boot you might want to look at is the very top. The boot certainly has a nice little "lip" to it, but I wondered how that would look textured. I would personally think about making the lip both bigger and longer (more like the concept again)...so it looks more like a fold over of sorts.

The face certainly looks a lot more menacing now! I think its starting to shape up great. A nice big menacing grin would really say "im a crazy, marauding goblin!" They always struck me as loony creatures.

One last thing I noticed was his hands. From the front view, he doesn't look like he has palms. Maybe thats just me looking at it wrong, becaues from the side it looks fine.

Keep up the good work! I am really impressed!

ok, things i dont need to touch anymore : feet, arms.
going to modify : shirt (remove those lifty sleeves has the concept has straight sleves)
the head ? ! im doomed !!! i cant model is ears right, ive tried everything ! :S .............. haaaaaa the pain !

DID IT , i did it ! i think i did ? look at it, its good now inst it ? no need to change anymore stuff right ? plz critque so i can start the uvw display map! (big pain)

i called it "G-Fanatic", has G stands for goblin abreviation :P

You definitely got those ears PERFECT. Well done mate! A sheath or something may look cool, but as a base goblin model...its gorgeous. I really cant see much more wrong with it...but then again, im not an artist ;)

again, well done mate! Always nice to finish something, be able to look at what you first had, and see how it has evolved. gorgeous.

It is great, you've got the right style compared to the concept art. That's a plus, I've worked in both areas before and can tell you its a pain in the ass when your modeler doesn't make what you've planned out for him/her...

I'm curious to know your personal set up. Like what software do you use? How long does it take you to slap together a model like this? How long have you been modeling for? (years? months?)

Keep up the good work, itching to see it textured! =D

As ever,
**Cosmic**

well i got in touch with 3d probably 2 years ago when i as 16, although i bought a book and modelled for a month, then quit ! lol,

after that i got back to it about 1 month ago, this goblin guy is probably my 7/8th model, it took me about 2.5/3 hours to make it,
i use different programs, although i borned to be a modeler !!!!! weeeee :P , ill keep posting new stuff, im on a "modelling mania"

hheehe, what you wanna know more ?

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.