ITS GOBLIN TIME

Started by
19 comments, last by mustra 19 years, 6 months ago
[edit] - hardlinked the images to not get the page to heavy. "http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/goblinf1.jpg" many c&c's if you like t model plz. [Edited by - mustra on October 8, 2004 6:10:08 AM]
Advertisement
I like it :)
That post was mine. Sorry, forgot to log in.
Looks Good, are you currently employed?
"I am a donut! Ask not how many tris/batch, but rather how many batches/frame!" -- Matthias Wloka & Richard Huddy, (GDC, DirectX 9 Performance)

http://www.silvermace.com/ -- My personal website
nope, unemployed has hell :P , so much free time i have been doing a new model almost everyday :P, well gonna eat something and fiz the head of the model and post something back :P
she is a cutie ;) my only issue is the ears. If you look in the picture (which I am assuming you are taking inspiration from), the ears do not drop down, and they are not like funnels. The ears on your goblins look more like two funnels sticking out of the head :)

Other than that, I love it! Now just texture it up!
Consider increasing the polygon count to make some of these angles more subtle. It's unlikely any use case would require such a budgeted model.

For example, the nose, chin, and brows all would benefit greatly from refinement. They are not truly pointed in the concept, they are an approximation of pointedness. If the artist had drawn a sharp angle anywhere but at the tips of the ears, you would have noticed (and probably not liked it). Mimic that in your work.

I agree that ears need work. They do a lot for the character and attitude of the drawing, and give the opposite look in the mesh.

The profile can be evaluated in terms of the goblin looking left in the sketch. I think it shows some difference of opinion in the neck width and angle.

Would this work benefit from a little more weight in the toe-area of the foot? They are not visible in the sketch, but if they were drawn as the 3D mesh implies, they would look unstable - almost fragile.

Finally, I think the angle of the brow and the drop-off from the brow to the eye sockets could be altered in your model. The brow is not capable of the expression in the sketch, even with appropriate texturing. You may wish to add polygons, refine and reangle some of these edges.

Mustra, this is your best model. It is great to see you working towards your goals.
thank you all, especially you hundel, your words are like music to my ears, your crittique as amazing, you got me so motivated, ill fix everything that needs fixing right now !!! ill defently gonna finish the mesh today !
Those are definately way better than anything I could do. Great work! And please post the updated ones for us, I'm sure they'll be even better [smile]
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
Good! But you should double or even triple the polygon count. It is too low detailed. 1500 polys is ok for a model with a good normal-map.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement