ITS GOBLIN TIME

Started by
19 comments, last by mustra 19 years, 6 months ago
It is nice to see that it is possible to make more than a lumpy blob, not with my skill mind you. Great work!

Steven Bradley .:Personal Journal:. .:WEBPLATES:. .:CGP Beginners Group:. "Time is our most precious resource yet it is the resource we most often waste." ~ Dr. R.M. Powell
Advertisement
new stuff, modified majorly the head, the feet, the neck, the ears (although this part is not as good has i wanted) what do you think ?

[edit] - hardlinked the images to not get the page to heavy.

"http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/agorasim.jpg"
"http://mustra.home.sapo.pt/newgoob.jpg"

although i think this matches more the concept, i think i like the other most, in desperate need of c&c guys!

[Edited by - mustra on October 8, 2004 6:42:10 AM]
Nice.
The bottom of the ears need to blend into the head, not stick out like they do. I still feel they look like funnels...though less so from the first post. If you were to make them a little taller and more pointed, and have them "mold" into the head, it would look great. They seem to be more "human" like.

The boots look pretty good, but the toe part still looks a little small. If you look at the concept sketch, the goblin in the far back is showing you his foot. As you can see, it has a little "meat" to it. I personally would assume goblins has big feet...not petite little kiddy feet.
Another part of the boot you might want to look at is the very top. The boot certainly has a nice little "lip" to it, but I wondered how that would look textured. I would personally think about making the lip both bigger and longer (more like the concept again)...so it looks more like a fold over of sorts.

The face certainly looks a lot more menacing now! I think its starting to shape up great. A nice big menacing grin would really say "im a crazy, marauding goblin!" They always struck me as loony creatures.

One last thing I noticed was his hands. From the front view, he doesn't look like he has palms. Maybe thats just me looking at it wrong, becaues from the side it looks fine.

Keep up the good work! I am really impressed!
thanks a lot visage! gonna modify it right now !

ok, things i dont need to touch anymore : feet, arms.
going to modify : shirt (remove those lifty sleeves has the concept has straight sleves)
the head ? ! im doomed !!! i cant model is ears right, ive tried everything ! :S .............. haaaaaa the pain !
DID IT , i did it ! i think i did ? look at it, its good now inst it ? no need to change anymore stuff right ? plz critque so i can start the uvw display map! (big pain)

i called it "G-Fanatic", has G stands for goblin abreviation :P

You definitely got those ears PERFECT. Well done mate! A sheath or something may look cool, but as a base goblin model...its gorgeous. I really cant see much more wrong with it...but then again, im not an artist ;)

again, well done mate! Always nice to finish something, be able to look at what you first had, and see how it has evolved. gorgeous.
thanks a lot visage ! ill try my best at texturing it, what do other ppl think ? is it good now ? cC
It is great, you've got the right style compared to the concept art. That's a plus, I've worked in both areas before and can tell you its a pain in the ass when your modeler doesn't make what you've planned out for him/her...

I'm curious to know your personal set up. Like what software do you use? How long does it take you to slap together a model like this? How long have you been modeling for? (years? months?)

Keep up the good work, itching to see it textured! =D

As ever,
**Cosmic**

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement