Play my first person shooter demo!

Started by
19 comments, last by foolish_mortal 19 years, 5 months ago
I've finished my first release of a FPS game called Renegade. Here's my website: http://www.foolishmortal.co.uk/demos/ Some screens: I would appreciate some people testing it and telling me what they think, and whether it runs or not on their PCs :-) N.B. Currently DirectX9 is required to run it, even though you can select OpenGL or software renderer. I suppose there must be some way to avoid this?
Advertisement
"File not found: The requested URL was not found on this server."

-EDIT:Ok,now it works.
Oh right, sorry I forgot, it's a new site, might take 24 hours for the domain name to propagate all the way through the internet.
Very impressive work! I don't really have much to add, except keep up the good work. Build more levels, add more characters,etc... Oh, and just an idea: put a crosshair in the center of the screen, it was pretty hard for me to aim.
Quote:Original post by foolish_mortal
The Y-axis on the mouse is inverted. If you don't like it, then tough shit!

Tha'ts no good, ohh, and, the costumer is always right :-p
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
Quote:Original post by mikeman
Very impressive work! I don't really have much to add, except keep up the good work. Build more levels, add more characters,etc... Oh, and just an idea: put a crosshair in the center of the screen, it was pretty hard for me to aim.

I probably won't be doing any major new developments like adding new levels and monsters, because I want to start on new projects. The trouble with this one is my software renderer will never be fast enough to do modern things like dynamic lighting and shadows, and I want to start experimenting with that stuff, but I don't really want to get rid of the software renderer (or re-write the graphics engines for the hardware renderers either for that matter). Also, BSP trees appear to be going out the window as well. Most likely I'll cannibalise the useful parts of this game and make a better one.

On the other hand a crosshair is a simple thing to add, so yeah I'll probably do that as I have the same problem :-)

Quote:Original post by Ilankt
Quote:Original post by foolish_mortal
The Y-axis on the mouse is inverted. If you don't like it, then tough shit!

Tha'ts no good, ohh, and, the costumer is always right :-p

I suppose I probably should add something to set keybinds and controls as well.
nice screens, nice to see projects getting to a decent level of compleation :)

Lead Coder/Game Designer for Brutal Nature: http://BrutalNature.com

Quote:Original post by Ilankt
the costumer is always right :-p

I thought that one went out with "Service with a smile"...
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
please o please change the FONT COLOR ON your site. Its impossible to read.
please, in this kind of games, add the option to reverse the mouse up/down behaviour... :-)
anyway, it's fun, but i find it very difficult (because the lack of a cross to see where to shot and because i was not accustomend to the "reverse" - for me - mouse control!)
Listen to my music for videogameson Soundcloud and bandcamp

and visit my website

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement