poser 4 and 3d game studio

Started by
0 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 6 months ago
does anyone know if it is possible to use 3d game studio and poser 4 together i have spent some time googleing and searching myself on the internet, but i cannot find this specific informations. i know you can use bryce 5 and bryce 5 is compatible with poser 4, however i do not know if you can use poser 4 (very mojojojo sorry). If someone could help me out i would really appreciate it. ps if anyone knows of any good books by conitec about a6, or other authors for that matter , i would appreciate a heads up on that as well. Andrew Zicafoose
Advertisement
Don't know if this will help you or not,as i don't use the conitec engine.

Poser models are really high poly,and as is..not suitable for
real-time.However,if the A6 engine supports a technique called normal mapping,you could use the high poly versions of your poser models,to make normal maps that can be used with low poly versions to give the appearance of much higer poly models.

It [can be] a lot of work for the artist,though does give good results.

As a side note,there are easy ways to bring poser models and poser animation into other packages such as 3ds max,that can then be exported to other formats,though as mentioned,it would not really be possible to use poser models/characters,for your game characters.

You can of course reduce the models to lower poly,though from my experience with reducers with very high poly models such as posers,the results were not good,and UV mapping was extremely difficult.There are several apps/tools for easily(not too difficult)converting poser animations though.google for the apps
as i can't recall their names.

Hope this helps -;)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement