Alien - NPC Project :P

Started by
6 comments, last by BREK 19 years, 6 months ago
Hello. Concept: Render: I think that Texture is "weak" What do you guys think about this monster :P? All From Bourgeoisie cRPG game project (http://burzuj.nma-fallout.com) [Edited by - intoxicate on October 7, 2004 4:07:13 PM]
sorry for englishwww.burzuazja-rpg.prv.pl
Advertisement
looks really good , the base geometry is really identical of the concept, althoug the texture is not he best, i cant do great textures too, but i think the head from the one on the left should be on the one in the middle, but then again depens on wich distance youre seeing the model in the game , keep up, it looks great !
Look for more Arts in
Galery

I will add Some new Stuff in couple of weeks :)
really nice stuff, couldnt click the new guns pics, how many artist are working for you ? can i borrow you one of them ;P ?
I fix that. Look to Squad, i have 15-20 Graphics member.
There really isn't any detail in the texture, although the UVmapping - assuming that's not a procedural texture - seems pretty tight and I can't see any stretching in the limited images available of the model.

Try bringing the texture into Photoshop/Paint Shop Pro/Photopaint, and adding in a bit of shading to define musculature.

Or, just be lazy and use a bump map and/or normal map so you can get away w/ a simple texture.
-Nick "digisoap" RobalikWeb & Print Design, 2D & 3D Illustration and Animation, Game Designhttp://www.digital-soapbox.com[email=nick@digital-soapbox.com]nick@digital-soabox.com[/email]
Very nice!! :P
How many polygons?
I Agree, the texture is very weak.

It doesn't have any features. It's just an all over browny/black bobbly texture.

there are none of the details shown in the concept.

The model resembles the concept, there are some places at which it differs, namely the head is different and the chest ribcage in the model is missing.

Poly count could be lowered a bit without altering the model, and used to add in the other details.

The texture however doesn't look like the concept at all.
I'd expect to see some details showing the muscles structure, some shiny black texture for the armoured parts etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement