Sign in to follow this  

[web] ASP Pages not working

This topic is 4820 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I have some asp files running on IIS server and they work fine. And I just transfered those files to Apache server and all the page functionality don't work anymore. So, ASP is not compatiable to Apache server? Is there a work around for solving this problem or I should use other programming languagesfor Apache server? If using other language is required, what are the choices of the programming language that I can use to run on apache server? Thanks in advance for any input on this

Do you have an ASP extension for Apache? I assume one exists, but I could be wrong. I've never used ASP before.
If you want to use a different language, try PHP. its free, too.

You can't use ASP with Apache unless you have something like Sun's ASP (formerly Chilisoft) or another extension. As far as I'm aware, the 'free' versions of ASP apache modules only support perl or some other language other than VBScript (the standard ASP language). It's also unlikely that any specific ASP components will be available through Apache.

Quote:
Original post by Tiger99
Thanks All, so just to clearify, Apache only supports Perl and PHP but not ASP?

Thanks

No, Apache supports PHP (through various types of extensions) and ASP (though an extension as well). However, as you know, ASP is not a language like PHP, it is more an object and webpage framework. The actual syntax/language processor used is up to the developer. IIS will use VBScript by default if no specific language is specified, however it can just as easily use javascript (out of the box) or languages like PerlScript and Python if the correct scripting engine DLL is installed. What evolutional was saying is that the VBScript language is not supported by default (it would not easily be provided on Linux or Macintosh for instance). Instead PerlScript is usually the default language available when ASP is run under Apache.

This topic is 4820 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.