Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone know how to write an mpeg2 player?

This topic is 4820 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey- I've got a basic mpeg2 file(audio/video at 720*480) streaming across the network in 2KB chunks, I would like to write a player for it. I have seen several players that use DirectShow, and they all use the RenderFile method (which requires that the data be saved to file). I just need to write a basic mpeg2 player where I can stream the data in 2KB at a time.. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it..what I need to do is not difficult in itself, it's just that my primary access to the decompression is through MS/DX, and the documentation alone is not enough to accomplish this (from what I've seen).. btw I've gone through most of the DX and WMSDK documentation looking for a way to get this working (I've spent several weeks typing up code to test apparent solutions that turned out to be dead ends), if the "correct" approach is complex that's ok as long as I know it will work..

This topic is 4820 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.