Sign in to follow this  

High In The Sky Programming contest

This topic is 4786 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ouch... it's been going for a month already? Makes it a little harder to make a descent entry...

I might slam something together though. Will I be disqualified for "unrealism"? Or just get bad scores? [wink]

Nope. I am actually almost sure I going to run it until January, but thanks for entering. Please help get the word out if you can. Register and join the contest's usergroup to get the newsletter for updates.

Awesome.

And the total time to make all the transitions only needs to be 60 seconds? Heck... I could just precalc all of that if it only needs to be 60 seconds [razz]

Whatever. I'll probably work something out with messing with semi-transparent skyboxes rotating around, expanding in and out with variable transparency for the transitions, then have separately rendered "cloud" meshes float around in the sky; maybe play with some skinned meshes and/or semi-random texture mapping stuff to animate the clouds. Possibly look into perlin noise and converting it into cloud textures dynamically...

Ooops... did I just give everything away?!
Maybe more people will participate if they know what to do... I could use the competition [wink]

Sign in to follow this