High In The Sky Programming contest

Started by
8 comments, last by jumpjumpjump 19 years, 5 months ago
My game development team has launched its first game programming contest called High In The Sky. Please visit here for more info. 1st place through 3rd place gets a prize.
Advertisement
Ouch... it's been going for a month already? Makes it a little harder to make a descent entry...

I might slam something together though. Will I be disqualified for "unrealism"? Or just get bad scores? [wink]
Nope. I am actually almost sure I going to run it until January, but thanks for entering. Please help get the word out if you can. Register and join the contest's usergroup to get the newsletter for updates.
Yes deffinatley december or january, we are going to run it.
Awesome.

And the total time to make all the transitions only needs to be 60 seconds? Heck... I could just precalc all of that if it only needs to be 60 seconds [razz]

Whatever. I'll probably work something out with messing with semi-transparent skyboxes rotating around, expanding in and out with variable transparency for the transitions, then have separately rendered "cloud" meshes float around in the sky; maybe play with some skinned meshes and/or semi-random texture mapping stuff to animate the clouds. Possibly look into perlin noise and converting it into cloud textures dynamically...

Ooops... did I just give everything away?!
Maybe more people will participate if they know what to do... I could use the competition [wink]
I know if i was allowed to compete i would probaly use a skyplane with... wait bad idea for me to give out good ideas.
*bump* Please sign up, we need more contestants. So far we have 8. So please tell anyone and everyone you can about it.
You just don't want to give up on this, do you?
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Hey, thats not very nice.

Good luck with the competition.

We have quite a few entrants, please more people register.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement