Sign in to follow this  

simplest 3d person model, and import it into c# application

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ive asked a lot of questions here on what i want to do , but i keep getting really complex solutions ( or maby im just stupid). anyway, what i want to do is create a simple 3d model of a person.it doesnt need detail or big features. all it needs is to be able to move in a way that looks reasonably real. i have no expirience with 3d studio max, but i have been advised this is where to create my person. i have 3d studio max at my disposal if i want it. also, do i have to write code in c# to import my model ( which would be real hard for me), is there a way using managed direct X that i can simply call on some file containing the data, created by 3d studio max? just to let you all know, im poor at maths, im only starting to learn 3d programming, just started looking at directX, and i have never touched 3d studio max. i know this might be too challenging for someone of my skill level , but i have to at least attempt it for college. any tutorials you could show me on a very simple biped creation in studio max would be appriciated . thanks all.sorry for the lenghty message

Take a look at this thread for modelling tutorials.

As for importing, try searching for "conv3ds", it comes with the DirectX7 SDK, but you should be able to get it on its own somewhere. It converts .3ds models into DirectX's native .x format, and you can then load them in. I think MSDN has a tutorial on this.

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.