Release Crash

Started by
3 comments, last by ZoomBoy 19 years, 6 months ago
This applies to when a dialog box pops up saying there is a crash, do u want to send this crash report to Microsoft, blah, blah, blah If running a release version of an executable, is it possible to output any debug information when that dialog box pops up? Cheers. J.
Advertisement
You need to look up SetExceptionFilters which allows you to write a function that is called when certain exceptions are raised (i.e your program crashed)
Or you could check the "Generate debug info" project settings box which would enable you to debug using the debugger. Stepping through code might jump about alot due to optimisations though. Remember to get rid of it when you fix the bug.
"Most people think, great God will come from the sky, take away everything, and make everybody feel high" - Bob Marley
Quote:Original post by Empirical
You need to look up SetExceptionFilters which allows you to write a function that is called when certain exceptions are raised (i.e your program crashed)

Can't seem to find SetExceptionFilters.

Also I'm using mfc. And the release version is running on a machine which doesn't have .net on.
You might want to put a try...catch block around the prgram

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement