Sign in to follow this  

[web] WebDev FAQ Updates

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm in the process of updating the WebDev forum FAQ again. My aim is to keep it up to date by adding new links and references as I find them (and as you suggest them [wink]). This update has seen the introduction of a table of contents to aid naviagtion through the sections. I'm still struggling through it by hand (don't ask) so if you find any glitches then please let me know. While I'm in the process of updating the FAQ, are there any links/topics/questions you'd like to see answered that aren't already in there? I'll do my best to get them in (either myself or through your assistance) so please, suggest away! Thanks [smile]

Quote:
Original post by Zul
Nice job evolutional, that's one hell of a resource collection.

Thanks [smile], although I can't claim all the credit. Fuzztrek, hellz and LessBread have made special contributions, as have many people who have posted in this forum - I've been reading the posts and pulling questions/resources and adding them to the FAQ. I'm still working on the formatting so please feel free to make suggestions :)

I love W3schools, but one thing I find is that they don't really go in depth enough in alot of their explanations of what can be done. I just found Sqlcourse which seems to give more examples and is pretty tailored towards the beginner SQL or database programmer. I'd really like to find an intermediate/expert level sql resource online. If I dig one up I'll post it here.

lol. sqlcourse2.com -- not exactly what I'm talking about, but looks like a decent intermediate tutorial. At least it fleshes out a little more of the syntactic options with select and a few other functions.

Here's a good one: searchdatabase.com. Tons of articles, examples, solutions, Q/A, etc. Looks kind of like an experts-exchange for database programming.

Very nice resource.

You guys must know this already, but 1and1.com offers domain registration and management with awesome tech support for $5.99 a year. 1Portfolio offers full web hosting for $7.99 a year. When used in collaboration, it's very, very, cheap.

Thanks for your input guys. I'll add these links. Man I can't believe I forgot 1and1, I've even had hosting from them before (well, for a client) and they were quite helpful.

I agree about the W3Schools pages. They're great introductions to a subject, but don't exactly go into depth. Thanks for the SQL tutorial index resource, I'll put that one in too.

This topic is 4815 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.