• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

template and va_arg

This topic is 4884 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi everyone, I have this function in a template class:
CVector(X first, ...)
{
	array = new X[size];
	array[0] = first;	
	va_list args;
	va_start(args, first);
	for(int i(1); i < size; i++)
		array = va_arg(args, X);
	va_end(args);
}

And when I use it like this : CVector<double> V(1, 2, 3), it does not recognise that 1, 2, and 3 are doubles and it mess up the values... To make it work I have to do : CVector<double> V((double)1, (double)2, (double)3) I don't know if I'm clear enough... Do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by ju
Hi everyone,

I have this function in a template class:

*** Source Snippet Removed ***
And when I use it like this : CVector<double> V(1, 2, 3), it does not recognise that 1, 2, and 3 are doubles and it mess up the values... To make it work I have to do : CVector<double> V((double)1, (double)2, (double)3)

I don't know if I'm clear enough...
Do you have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

use 1. 2. and 3.

Also, just as a recommendation, do not use "..." as it will not work with non-pod types.

Really not a good idea. If you don't provide enough arguments, it won't work, but you won't know it isn't working.

size appears to be a constant. If it is, you should use a constructor with the maximum number of arguments, all with default values.

Thanks for your answers...
I think I'll change of methode...

for size : the class was in fact :
template <class X, int size> CVector
so size is not defined before the construction and then it was not possible to make a constructor with default values...

Polymorphic OOP : What are "non-pod" types?

Thanks in advance

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement