Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scrolling Game

This topic is 6282 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

(excuse my english i''m french) So, you are writing a 2d scrolling game ! It''s good for a begginner to think like that (Map[x][x]...) for your tiles. But if you need help to optimize your project you can ask me questions. I''m only fifteen years old but i started 3 years ago (Qbasic - Vbasic - Pascal - C and now C++ with DirectX 7 Sdk). I''am also doing a scrolling game. There one person for coding (me), a artist for pictures and somebody who is making sounds and story. In this project I don''t use tiles like 32x32, i prefer complexes tiles (with diagonals). When you know how to do it''s not very hard: you only need maths (with equations like y=1/4x). There are two backgrounds (one far and the other for others things like houses...). To finish, if you want to participate on my project or need help with DirectX, c++, and game programming in general write me to Brahm2000@email.com I will have a web site (not now..don''t have enough time) at www.geocities.com/brahm_fr/ (in french !!!) _________________________________________________________________