Sign in to follow this  

What is a complier and where do I get it?

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Visual C++ kinda describes Microsoft's set of tools for C++. On the page below, scroll down to the "Downloads" section to see some of them:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/default.aspx

Guest Anonymous Poster
msvc++ is a very good complier, arguably the best there is. But it had a fairly steep learning curve and a TON of features that you will likely never use.

To start you need a working defenition of a complier. A complier is a specific type of program that translates code into machine language (ie binary numbers.) You need this to make a working program. I sugest that you get a textbook on C++ from the libaray that has some free complier with it. Then learn c++. It might be hard at first to understand what the stupid programs the book has you write have to do with video games, but trust me, they are important.

Try googling for "c++ tutoiral" or "c++ getting started" There are MANY,MANY sites that have really good starting information on c++. It is a lot of work to even get good enough at programming to start thinking about how to make a game. The best advice is "never give up, never surrender!"

Thank you very much for your help. I am getting a C++ book for beginners and I'll download MVC++ for free. Hopefully this boook will get me started, as i am a true noob.

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.