Hi Play My Game

Started by
8 comments, last by Innosia 19 years, 6 months ago
hi I have just released my game at www.innosia.com The game is a 3d maze game, where you can find a maze engine with scripting ability (source code is available), thanks. www.innosia.com
Advertisement
Moved to Announcements.
Quote:Original post by VertexNormal
Moved to Announcements.

hey, you are a moderator! lol, I just noticed...
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!
I finished the game, very well done.

A few things of improvement:
- Make the collision rectangle smaller. Sometimes when standing far from the wall you get stuck.
- Make the fading and text go a little faster, it gets quite tendious after a while.
- Great work!

By the way, parts of the ending texts come almost literally from the bible. Are you in any way religious (as I am), or is it 'just for the game'? In the last case, please throw it out.

Keep it up!
Quote:Original post by Sijmen
By the way, parts of the ending texts come almost literally from the bible. Are you in any way religious (as I am), or is it 'just for the game'? In the last case, please throw it out.

Why should he throw it out? The bible isn't copyrighted, thus anyone can use text from it in whole or in part for whatever he wants. Even if you happen to disagree with the usage.
I too had some collision detection issues. Sometimes i stopped further away from walls then expected, and sometimes i could walk into the walls a little bit. Also, i agree that the fades in the intro were a bit too slow.

By the way, i thought that the story was a little deep for a simple maze game, but hey, that's just my opinion.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Why should he throw it out? The bible isn't copyrighted, thus anyone can use text from it in whole or in part for whatever he wants. Even if you happen to disagree with the usage.

I agree on that part (an never did not), but you should realise that it might be seen as offensive to some people.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

I agree on that part (an never did not), but you should realise that it might be seen as offensive to some people.

I remember having this discussion once when one of our characters in the game looked like a parody of some religious figure. We decided that we can't let ourselves be influenced by whether people would be offended or not. If one choses to care about people being possibly offended by something, the work will essentially be Disney-USA grade boring and soulless. When the size of your audience approaches infinity, there will most likely be some group of people offended by something. The best art is always found offensive by someone. That is what makes it good: Thought provocation. On a side note, anyone seen Monty Python's Life of Brian? Some religious people found it offensive, but boy was it jolly good fun!
Thanks all, :)

The game is named Sora Innosia The Illusion of Eternity, that's why that most of the story is about illusion, you will know clearly whats going on, perhaps in next release called Sora Innosia The Desire of Love from The Koala Family. Please don't get offended, cause you will see the light later

Hehe ^_^, I will improve the game as you all have commented, thanks all.
halo, some of my friends have problem in playing the game, anyone here also crash when playing the game? may i know your computer specs (software(0S,DX version) and hardware(graphic,sound) etc) ? thanks all

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement