my demoninja game / having "designer's" block

Started by
1 comment, last by shade13 19 years, 6 months ago
so far im making a game inspired from the characters in the game "ninja gaiden 2" for the original ol' nintendo nes system, and ive made the intro, and now i need pictures to look for ideas for levels. Im on a cross between midevil style and futuristic style, so far i have a large floating glass castle that the game starts out in, does anybody have any galleries in m ind that might help me, mostly all the ideas i get are from looking at inspiring pictres, level design, futuristic meets midevil tron meets midevil
"am i supposed to be able to do sh_t with this?" oink snort
Advertisement
www.deviantart.com

But even if you get inspiration from pics.. they to make well designed levels, not just levels that you think that look cool, and when you get inspired think if your idea its actually good, or you are just excited.

There is a bunch of information on level design here in gamedev.net so just look for them! Most of it isn't in the forums but other places since forums most of the time actually just have specific questions.
try reading the book Neuromancer by william gibson, its scary and full of amazing thingys, be warned though, its really cyberpunk...

-- Jake

ps. check out 3dlinks sifi section, its a lot of wierd 3d art, here

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement