Simple Maya Plugin

Started by
1 comment, last by RobTheBloke 19 years, 6 months ago
I'm following the Simple Maya Plugin guide that comes in the help of Maya 6.0. I've got a project in VS.NET going that compiles the hello world app into a dll, which I then rename to an mll (the guide specifies how to have it create it as an mll but thats for VS 6.0, and renaming is the same thing.) It even loads into Maya using the plug-in manager. But, the actual execution does nothing. I've tried using the command line at the bottom of the screen which is there by default as well as the stand-alone command window. If I type "helloWorld", it doesn't give me any errors but there is no output in either the stand-alone output window or the one that is at the bottom of the Maya window. I don't know if any Maya gurus here could point me in the right direction, but that would be great :D
Advertisement
--bump--
Quote:Original post by Eps
I'm following the Simple Maya Plugin guide that comes in the help of Maya 6.0. I've got a project in VS.NET going that compiles the hello world app into a dll, which I then rename to an mll (the guide specifies how to have it create it as an mll but thats for VS 6.0, and renaming is the same thing.) It even loads into Maya using the plug-in manager. But, the actual execution does nothing. I've tried using the command line at the bottom of the screen which is there by default as well as the stand-alone command window. If I type "helloWorld", it doesn't give me any errors but there is no output in either the stand-alone output window or the one that is at the bottom of the Maya window. I don't know if any Maya gurus here could point me in the right direction, but that would be great :D

if you use std::cout or printf within a maya plugin, the output will be directed to the output window (the one that pops up when you start rendering).

If you need to output data into the script editor, then you n use the MGlobal::displayError(), MGlobal::displayWarning() and/or MGlobal::displayInfo().

The hellowCmd example in the devkit actually requires an argument, ie 'helloCmd "fred"'. This *may* be why it does nothing when you run it....

robthebloke

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement