Sign in to follow this  

Anybody home?

This topic is 4795 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I declare this forum section 0wned. Seriously though, it feels like an empty factory. Whatever happened to Marius? I emailed him, to tell him about my site, he mailed me back, then I mailed him again, then he never replied back to me. Even that chatbox has shutdown... If you are still out there, send me an email. or if anybody knows what happened, i'd like to know.

As it turns out the december update wasnt a real update"
Quote:
December 2003
Hi. This is not an update and there won't be any update for some time now. I don't have time to work on this site anymore. For now. I haven't forgotten it and *will* resume work on it some day. Probably in the summer. Who knows... The development of tux-n-run (previosly known as the SDL Lesson nr. 7) is also halted. I will not give *any* release dates because I know I can't keep them.

I'm so tired with all the kiddies whining how I'm some lazy s.o.b. who doesn't update the site on purpose, etc. To them I have just one thing say for them: Shut The Fuck Up. I have so much going on that I just can't keep track of it all. Try learning something, doing something productive and simply respecting the work I have done and the time and effort I have put into it. Just use the site as the resource it can be and stop complainig.

One thing is certain: the site will NOT be taken down. Period. One day I will resume work on it. But until then, don't send me any mails because they will go unanswered.

Happy holidays everyone and thank you for all your support!

So the last real update was just 25th 2003, as it appears cone3d, like so many other gamedev hosted sites(
# 3D Graphics Programming
# Black Art of 3Dfx Development
# druid-'s OpenGL Journal
# Green Ribbon Campaign
# Myopic Rhino Games
# NeXe
# OpenGL Game Developers Consortium
# Real Soon Now
# Wolfbyte
# JavaEXTREME
# JavaNerd
Many of which have not been updated since as early as 1999 or 2000.
) is just dead.

I beleive that Cone3d on this list should be moved to the not actively updated part.

Marius is still alive, I was talking to him in athens last september. It seems he is completely bogged down with unfinnished projects which will never be finnished (like the OS him and I are/were/might work on: "WeirdOS: The Horny Chicken Project", anyone want to help?).

So, yeah, he's alive but hes not here...
Maybe I'll attempt to revive him this weekend when I get home to my computer and talk to him on MSN Messenger.. or something.

Pic of Marius, to remember him by, just in case he really is dead...

edit by marius: i removed the pic, it was to evil to be shown :P

[Edited by - cone3d on October 24, 2004 4:45:00 PM]

Quote:
Original post by DerAnged
OSes are fun, too bad im bogged down with LoL and SB,

Yes, well, it isn't a project i expect to finnish. Im only doing it because Im sort of interested in OS development and it seemed like a good project at the time :D

Quote:
Original post by issch
edit by marius: i removed the pic, it was to evil to be shown :P

Tsk! I'll have to post nmore! Mwuahahaha!
Thats the last time I tell you when I post a photo of you on the net!

hello...

first things first: i'm not dead nor have i been abducted by aliens (as far as i know)..

the story remains the same: i haven't abandoned the site. it's just sitting there. i will resume work on it some day. don't know when.

it is not entirely true i don't have any free time at all. i do, but i do other things during it.

my typical school day (now 5 times a week):
i get up, all sleepy, drag myself to school, after it go to the gym (i try to do it 4 times a week), get home at around six to seven in the evening. then i'm just too tired to do anything (because of the 4-6h of sleep i got last night). i spend too much time idleing because i'm in no productive mood. i start doing my homework at around ten-twelve and go to sleep at one or later, only to wake up at seven.

on weekends i use the free time i could have used during my schooldays to do work on a content management system i'm building with a friend. the project is a very large full-blown state-of-the-art powerful and very feature-rich php-based content management system that could basically run any site.

it's not complete nor will it be for a while... but it's quite useable, some sites are running on top of it and the 1.0 version is not far.

when it is ready i will make the cone3d site run on it thus making site updates and maintance a lot easier. currently it's quite troublesome to post news on the site. i have to create a new textfile, upload it and increment the number in the 'counter' text file. a stupid system, i know. but that's how it was made at that time. and i won't even get into how the talkbox works or how fun it is to add images to the gallery.

when the cms it at the 1.0 state, i *will* make the cone3d site run on it and because it is very easy to update content with it i will be more active on the site. if by no other method then by quietly adding new images/cool photos to the gallery (which imho kicks ass).

also the cms has a kick-ass translation engine, so that might also bring some (positive) changes to the site.

maybe it will happen during the christmas (like PnP Bios predicts :P), dunno. we'll see.

also, sorry for the unanswered emails. i usually just don't feel like answering emails because i just generally feel bad about not updating the site. if i get up to it, i'll write replies. just don't take anything (the nonexisting replies) personally.

oh, and so you'd know. i don't spend all of my free time (at the weekends or whatnot) on the cms. i have a thing that scitentists and philosophers alike (not to mention 1337 net folks) might call a life (and a great gf as well. not to brag, but just to show off :P... and i do spend much of my free time with her).

Guest Anonymous Poster
wooh! :)

oh i'd sure like to help you on the Horny Chicks project ... OS-devving sounds very cool to me, and well .. horny chicks. . you know..

Sign in to follow this