Sign in to follow this  

Run Window

This topic is 4817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I'm new to C++ programming and I have a question. I'm using the Microsoft C++ editor and when I run my programs the window they are displayed in is too small. This causes half of my program to be cut off. How do I make this window bigger so you can see the whole program? Please Help! Roman Monkey

Ummm…. Use the maximize button. What type of program are you using? Please be more specific like “I’m using Visual C++”. I can’t guess what your IDE is.

You should change the size of the window you created too.

Yes, I am using the Microsoft Visual C++ and it is the consol window I'm talking about (Sorry for not being so specific). I've tried maximizing it but it just enlarges the text so the same amount is still cut off. There really is no specific souce code. For instance though, if I printed some text on the screen using the cout command that was 80 lines long, only the bottom 40 or so lines would show. The top would be cut off. I don't know if there are any special window size commands or not. If there are I don't now them and I'm not using them. If there is no way around this problem then is there a better kind of window to use, instead of the console window?

Thanks for the help!
Roman Monkey

afaik there is no way to enlarge the console window - it is not meant to be made larger. You'd probably have better luck just creating a normal windows-window and display your text on that one.

You can try the following:

> Go to your command prompt via Start > Programs > Accessories

> Right-Click on the title bar and a pop-up menu should be available.

> Select the properties menu selection

> Click on the layout tab within the properties box

> Adjust the edit box under the window size stipulation

I think the values are dependent upon the resolution of the screen but I have mine at width=97 and height=66 at 800x600 resolution. It appears to be a full maximized window to me.

I tried adjusting the size of the window but when I run my programs it still shows up in the same sized window as before. For now I will just use a different window. Thanks alot for all your help and if anyone does come up with a way to change that window please tell me.

Thanks Alot
RomanMonkey

This topic is 4817 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.