Sign in to follow this  

Please try our game tutorial

This topic is 4811 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

We have just released a new starter tutorial to show how to use the Playful Minds Game Library (PMGL). We’d love to have your feedback. Please give it a try at: http://www.playfulminds.com/pmglTurorial/html/index.html PMGL is a powerful 2D game library. PMGL includes support for: Networking, WAV, MP3, OGG, MIDI, Skin-able GUI, Alpha Blending, Shadows, Rotation, Scaling, Particle Engine, Compressed File Packaging, Debug Tools, Software Key Encryption. It enhances Direct X 8.1 and will work with most major C++ development environments. PMGL saves development time and makes Direct X easy while not losing its power. We are still looking for a few more beta testers to give a free version to. Please apply here: http://www.playfulminds.com/pmgl.htm Sincerely, Darrin Adams darrin@playfulminds.com www.playfulminds.com [Edited by - PlayfulMinds on October 10, 2004 12:12:06 AM]

Good goin on a release!

I'd be honored to try this out for you. But, because you are releasing a library, it may take a while for me (or anyone else) to get back to you.

Remember, don't get discouraged if you don't get too many responses right away.

your tutorial was clean, and very professional. And (imho) it has to be one of the few that aren't painful to read - the colors and formatiing blend together nicely.
excellent job, and good luck with your library.

Guest Anonymous Poster
May I suggest whenever you need extra include and library path, you should encourage adding them to individual project files.

For fallowing reasons:
1. It does not pollute my global dev environment
2. When I get a project form web site, etc, I do not need to add ANY settings to my IDE (VC++), since all of it is included in the project settings.

I'm sure you had that experience on several occasions, when you got the project from the web, that it took you a while to set all the options. IOW, I strongly believe that when you get a project and all the files, it should compile right a way, without any extra settings on my part.

Other then that, it looks very good. Keep up a good work.

Sign in to follow this