Need help with C++ language

Started by
7 comments, last by Jobe 23 years, 6 months ago
To anyone who replies... Can you please tell me how to convert images(rendered backgrounds) from 3d programs like 3d studio max, Maya to C++ language??? And how do you increase frame rate??? Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
quote:
Can you please tell me how to convert images(rendered backgrounds) from 3d programs like 3d studio max, Maya to C++ language???

I don''t understand your question. What do you mean? Converting images to a language... Hmm.

quote:
And how do you increase frame rate???

You optimize your code.
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
Do you mean compiled bitmaps? Compiled bitmaps only help if you have images which have a lot of transparency, in which case they eliminate comparisons. If you just want to blit without comparisons use BLTFAST_NOCOLORKEY or blit with just DDBLT_WAIT. So compiled bitmaps will not usually help with backgrounds.

------------------------------
#pragma twice

sharewaregames.20m.com

// this is the standard function I use for questions like thatvoid main(){  takeThisModelAndMakeARealCoolGameWithIt("modelFilename.model");  IDontWantItToRunRealSlowSoMakeItGoFast(REAL_FAST);}    

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time"
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
themGames Productions

Hey could someone tell me how to write Quake?
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
Those are good ones LOL Take that! Boom! Justice is served!

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
Hey! I know: maybe you could stop being jerks and actually help this person. I realize you get silly questions like this quite often but at least have the decency to help him/her out or say nothing at all. Geesh.

Anyway, unfortunately, it really isn''t that simple. It would help to know how much you can do with C++ but my guess is not much. Follow these steps:

1. Learn C++
2. Learn DirectX/OpenGL/Allegro/insert graphics library of choice here
3. Search for information on the .3ds file format (possibly at www.wotsit.org)
4. Read the file according to those rules
5. Display it using graphics library from step 2

Of course, it''s not nearly as easy as it seems. Some people have actaully written the code to display .3ds files but really, you''d be better off just trying to learn a 3D API and coding your own file format and implementing it your own way. Learning the .3ds format probably isn''t worth it.

You could also pre-render your images and just display them (that is a lot easier than using the API for making/displaying polys).

Also, judging by your possible lack of knowledge, you''d be wise to start off with something a little less daunting (Tetris anyone?).

Finally, if you want to increase frame rate, do one or more of several things:
1. Get a faster processor
2. Get a better video card
3. Get more RAM (not the most important)
4. Optimize your code (most important if anyone else is using your program)
5. Don''t have too much happening on screen at once (1000 polygons will show faster than 1 000 000).

I hope that helps, that is if you read this. I know if I got a repsonse like that I''d never come back.

-Goku
Ok I''ll cut the crap I''m sorry for going along with the mean crowd, Thank you goku for the intelligent and kind response I hope he comes back to see my apology and your info....

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
heheh. i don''t know anything about 3d yet, but you can get the quake source from my site here.

Falden

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement