Q-Basic game making tutorials

Started by
10 comments, last by Newbie101 23 years, 6 months ago
Does anyone know of any good qbasic game making tutorials on the web? I am looking to begin programming(well already kind of have)with QBasic for my first few games and need a good learners guide that''s web based. Thanks for any help.
Proverbs 26:12------------------------------There is more hope for fools than people who think they are wise.
Advertisement
I would go to http://www.ask.com and ask "Where can I take a tutorial on QBASIC game development?" That might work. Hope i helped.

- John
What is it with Qbasic? Grrr.... It isn''t even a real language in my eyes....

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
i don''t usually like to criticize, but maketty seems to be posting replies lately that are not very nice and i''d like to ask him to stop.

sorry, newbie, but i can''t help you there. i know there are tutorials for qbasic out there, because a few years ago *I* was learning qbasic (now i''m doing c++) and i found quite a few. just do some searches on the search engines is all the help i can really give. sorry, dude.

Falden
Check out http://www.qbasic.com and http://www.qb45.com, for starters.

==================
/* todo: insert cool sig */
Martee
Magnum Games
ReactOS - an Open-source operating system compatible with Windows NT apps and drivers
I''m not being mean I''m trying to help not hurt!

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
Ok, this is the site you HAVE to go to: neozones.com
when i was learning/using/playing around with qbasic, i visited this site nearly every day, because it is very informative, and has a very active message board, as well as a pretty well developed file collection. Now, some of this may have changed since last time i was there, that being a Long time ago. however, it at least Was THE qb site.
farmersckn
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.
that''s okay maketty, we''re all a big happy family here in the forums, right everybody?
maketty put down the jolt

I have seen a 3d engine in QBasic! I must''ve played with QBasic for 6+ months as my first language and never could get performance like that. I''ll post the link in a min after I find it, but is this possible ... in pure QBasic? (the engine reminded me of doom)

Yes, there are QB-3d engines, but are made with massive amounts of Assembly code. Its basically assembly code made inside a QB compilor.

Anyway, I don''t think there are any "Game programming" tutorials for qbasic, because all you can make in QB is games. If you can''t figure out how to make a game in Qbasic, you shouldn''t even try to be a game programmer.

SCREEN 13
CLS
INPUT "Can you figure out how to make a game in qb?"; answer$
IF answer$ = "no" THEN PRINT "Kill yourself, you are a leading cause of the de-evolution of the human race"
IF answer$ = "yes" THEN PRINT "Now start programming in C++"

Run that program, it should help you make an important decision in life. (Please note: I wrote that using only my memory so it might not work, and if it doesn''t work and you can''t make it work, then just run this program PRINT "Kill yourself, you are a leading cause of the de-evolution of the human race")

-piksel
Piper's games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement