Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blitting into a texture surface *my head hurts*

This topic is 6280 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I posted before about blitting problems, and was just asking for a push in the right direction. I''m still stuck, and would appreciate a SHOVE in the right direction . Is there a reason i''m having trouble using either Blt or BltFast to grab a section from a plain off-screen surface and putting it onto a texture surface. I''ve done tests on my functions, and the offscreen surface is blitable to the backbuffer, and the texture function (when using the whole image) works fine. So i''m fairly sure that the surface desc''s are okay. I''ve also messed with the part of the code that picks the blitting coordinates to make sure I have that set up and it seems to be. The result''s kind of look like the pixel formats could be different, but i''m not sure of how to fix it... anyway any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks; Prairie

What error are you getting?

I am assuming that this is DirectX 7 (or 7a).

Post some code, (Surface descriptions, and creation for BOTH surfaces, etc...)

--------------------------
Carpe Diem

Sounds like the two pixel formats may be different. The easiest thing to do may be to create the Offscreen plain in the same Pixel Format as the Back buffer.

BackBuffer->GetPixelFormat(&ddpf);

And then set this in the Surface Descripter when you create the offscreen plain.

Hope this helps