• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
hombre08107

Macromedia Director MX

This topic is 5147 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is Macromedia Director MX a good for game development? What are the pros and cons? What languages and applications do you guys think is best for game development?

Advertisement
Personally, I use old fashion C++ & DirectX || OpenGL. I don’t know about using Director for game programming, but maybe Flash would work better.

While far from being best suited for game development, Director is rather nice for getting simple games running on your browser, if you need some simple 3D or if Flash is not fullfilling you hardcore 2D scrolling dreams (Director allows you to actually work with bitmap data, so you can do your own tile engine, and do cool effects, like motion blur and others that are unfeasible on Flash).

But I think this post would fit better on the Alternative Game Libraries board.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!