Sign in to follow this  

Making a lib or a dll library in .NET

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You know how you have to add the directory for directx to include libraries and headers. I want to make a project that has a library of my files and all I have to do is include the main header so it can be used in all my projects. I just don't want to have all my headers and sources in every project folder, because if I want to change it then I have to everywhere. So I tried to create a dll and a lib project in .NET and I can't seem to include it right in my projects. Is there a tutorial on how to do this? Or can some please enlighten me in the right direction, thanks.

To make a lib project you need to goto File->New->win32 static library.

When you press F7, instead of getting an exe, you'll get a lib file, you should be able to add this into your project like you do with any other lib. If this doesn't work, please tell me how you are prevented from doing this.

Ps. I've given directions for VC 6, but it shouldn't be much different in .NET

This topic is 4813 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.