Consistency in Time Travel

Started by
144 comments, last by Numsgil 19 years, 5 months ago
People create and people destroy and it is human special abilites.The god has the same abilites and god is evetywhere.
Look at the mirror ,who you see? You see the god of your reality and your universe where you want to exist and where other god's reality changing your's if you want or if you don't want.
Maybe you don't have a choice but this is choice too. And there is no time there is only change that is in circle of your choices.
And there is no thing that is the same to your universe because you don't want to be bored of your universe and you want to be happy.Happy means not bored but if you will be happy all the time you will be bored for sure that's why you want to change the reality of your universe.I think there is no bound of our mind to create what you want and to change what you want because who want to be bored.And there always is now because you want that and there is no time.And who can say that know everything about yourself? Maybe only the god but we are the gods and we do not want to be bored now :) And we don't create the idea .Idea is always and we only change the idea because we don't want to be bored and we like change :)For example listen to music and there is always change.And only people can create music and other art.Open your mind and there be no bound for you is you don't create one for yourself.

I'm looking to improve? this and if any what to talk about this email me.
Micha³ Czepu³kowski Poland

I'm interesed in everything that surrounds my reality? and is in my universe? Mine is perfect and change all the time??? How is yours?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by DrEvil
There's no such thing and never will be, so of course it doesn't make any sense.

Makes for good entertainment though.

And makes some people tons of money too cuz james cameron said that terminator 2 was the end but the movie people didn't think so.

Who is John's father?

Details
There are many paradoxes created by time travel movies. The most interesting one in the Terminator movies is the question about John's father. We all know from the first Terminator movie that his father was the soldier sent back ( by the future John ) to protect his mother. If, in the second movie, the war was prevented, the soldier would have never been sent to protect Sarah and therefore not exist during that time period.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Recently scientists are admitting to possibilities for time travel(do a google).

I think that going back to kill someone (or whatever) would probably have no impact since it would likely be another timeline identical to ours. You probably don't even "go back" in time, it just look like that. That is my 2 cents on the subject.

In any case, I think the truth is far more strange than we can possibly think of.
No no no no! :)
Its all very simple. Backwards time travel simply doesnt exists, therefore any resulting paradoxes and complications wont exist either.

Done.
Quote:Original post by MichaelT
In any case, I think the truth is far more strange than we can possibly think of.

i guess ur right. everything is possible, but this is so theoretical, that we cant possibly think what will happen.
in the future i go back, but if i kill myself, it cant happen in the future, so how could i ever go back? the paralell world are probably the closest one to xplain this, but we dont know if its correct, simply because it isnt clear if it excists.
So i agree with you MichaelT, perhaps its even an more idiot sounding solution thats the truth.
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
Its all very simple. Backwards time travel simply doesnt exists, therefore any resulting paradoxes and complications wont exist either.

Done.

So all what isnt proven to excist doesnt excist? how can i know you excist? why do i excist? how can you be sure?
i know this sounds weirs, but think about it. we cant fly to stars till proven otherwise, we cant make anything till proven the other way..... confusing huh?
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Done.

Ok plato. Even stephen hawkings recently admitted that he was wrong about black holes.
Although we now know how to measure time very accurately, have we come any nearer to answering the basic question 'What is time?'.
Once someone figures that out we'll have timetravel figured out.
In the meantime:
However, time travel is quite strange to begin with, and it does not appear to be a terribly strong additional argument against time travel that it has strange consequences.
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Quote:Original post by daviangel
have we come any nearer to answering the basic question 'What is time?'.

guess not.... time is time. i never seen a clear defination of what time is. time is just something, that will come or that is past. but until we exactly know how it works(if it even works) er cant manipulate it. whats past is past, to bad time doesnt work like saving a game... then we could just back-up and start again. perhaps "time" is just a human thing telling when something was, ans what we cant change....

Time isn't even real is it? Humans invented time, it wasn't there before some (very smart) person decided to say it was. How the hell he/she explained it to everyone else without lots of arm movement and aggrevation i will never know, but how someone will ever explain time travel? Good luck with that one!

I do agree with a lot of theories already put down, but I think looking at the solution as actual time travel is wrong, because of the fact that time is just an invention. I think if a person had been brought up without learning the concepts of time, they would be able to give a much better insight in how to view / change incidents that have already happened. That or they would go insane at the thought of it [smile]

In games though, were the damn gods so it doesnt matter how it works, so long as it does right? If I say a ceratin type of blue monkey can time travel, my code will make it so...
Life is all about expression, so express yourself.
Hmm.. before talking about time travel consistency first the time travel should exist. Since time travel is impossible (at least yet), all talks are useless. It's like creating a problem that can't exist, therefore can't be solved too.

As daviangel has mentioned there's a basic question that we need to answer before we start talking about time travel: what is time?

I think that time doesn't exist as entity that has any form and could be manipulated. It's just a simple tool for us humans to describe the state of system. Think about the world as space, material and movement. Time is just simply a state to help describe the movement of material in that space.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement