Sign in to follow this  

What is that word???

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The result of addition is a sum. The result of subtraction is a difference. The result of multiplication is a product. I can't remember. What the heck is the result of division?

...It's a quotient...just in case you didn't read it the first three times.

Mushu, I like the new part of your sig.
...Even though you didn't post it this time.

Thanks. Anybody know where there might be a nice page that just shows a great deal of math terminology and vocabulary? I should really look into memorizing most of it. I probably fumble around with it a bit too much for my math level.

I am totally baffled as to why none of my math books have some sort of list of definitions in the back.

I have books from Elementary Algebra up to post-graduate stuff. Yet, none of them include even a page of definitions in one place.

If you know the name of something you want defined, MathWorld has everything (practically). There might be some other useful links in this forum's FAQ.

BTW, the word you are after is...... "ratio". [razz]

This topic is 4816 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.