QBASIC stuff

Started by
30 comments, last by John1 23 years, 6 months ago
ok, i know that this is the easiest language out there. I just spent the whole day learning it. I can write a simple (that''s about all you can code in QBASIC) program. I do have a few questions, though. 1) where can i get a compiler 2) are there any games coded in QBASIC? 3) if so, what are they?
Advertisement
How can you live with yourself knowing you use Qbasic?

I think there was a game called virtual pimp LOL it was so pathetic the graphics looked like an atari game and the gameplay was all but non-existant! Haha I can't beleive you are learning a language (If you can call it that) as pathetic as Qbasic

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

Edited by - maketty on October 6, 2000 7:37:51 PM
Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
heheh... qbasic isn''t the best language, yeah, but you gotta start somewhere. if you just want the qbasic that can''t compile, i can help you. i actually do have qbasic 4.5, but it would be illegal for me to give it to you considering you haven''t bought it. there are no free qbasic compilers out there, but if you want me to email it to you (that is, if you have bought it and want another copy for some reason ), it''s 1.0Mb, send me an email. all games i''ve played that were made in qbasic were pretty not-good and i don''t remember where i got them, sorry.

Falden
quickbasic hahaha
I told you guys Qbasic is hilarious it is so cheap and pitiful you can''t help but laugh!!! Anywho in response to the you have to start somewhere, Yes that is true but I would start with C++

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

Maketty (Matthew FitzGerald) The meaning of Life part 5:Live organ transplants...
Nah, QB is cool! Here''s a start if you like Dragon Warrior style RPGs: http://welcome.to/darknessethereal This guy is GOOD!
Peon
*Stands in Awe* Peon are you telling me those games where coded in Qbasic???

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

I think I found a free Qbasic compiler! Here Check it out if you want!

Maketty
(Matthew FitzGerald)
Knightvision Games

I agree Peon... QBasic sucks, but DarkDread is awesome.

-Ironblayde
Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"
Sigh. Some people just aren''t open-minded enough to realize that even Q-Basic, as simple, old, and limited as it is, in the hands of a knowledgeable programmer, can do just about anything that any other language can do. Not to say that you can do OOP or anything, only as much as you can in C, in a way, even more so, because of the overloaded string operations, but I have seen complete graphical operating systems, like Linux, or Windows, programmed entirely in QB. Albeit, these were not as fast as their role-models, but they were done in QB, and they were done well. I have seen complete games written in QB, even impressive 3D graphics and texture mapping demos that equal those of other DOS demos made in C or C++. QB was the first language I learned, and it gave me the foundation to master other languages. Learning QB gave me the knowledge necessary to weed out the uneccessary, and to look at what is vital in a programming language. For anyone wanting to learn to program, QB is extremely simple to learn, and I would recommend to anyone that they learn it before moving on to more powerful languages, such as C, C++ or Java. So, to you who mock John1 for what he is doing, I pity you, because you are closed minded, and have little respect for others. John1 is learning his first language, which, I admit, could just as easily have been C or C++, but he made his choice because that''s what works for him. That is all I have to say for now.
farmersckn
Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future. Today is a gift, that is why we call it the present.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement