• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jdavis

Untitled RTS strikes again!

This topic is 5151 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Project start date: August 18, 2004. [renders] house mill dock armory castle [units] swordsmen paladin [build 013 screenshots] screenshot1 screenshot2 screenshot3 morning night If you have remarks about the buildings looking warcraft3'ish then save your breath. The trees I made myself and I am the programmer so obviously they look like crap. We are still working on replacing the old (warcraft3'ish) models. Feel free to ask any questions. Playable demo release date (build 019) on December 22nd still holding strong. Thank you, Jonathon Davis Lead Programmer Templar Games [Edited by - jdavis on October 13, 2004 8:59:34 AM]

Advertisement
Yes, help is not needed but your opinions help us greatly.

I will post more information soon in regards to our public beta along with various other aspects of the game.

Our main purpose in this forum is to create a fan base.

Thank you,
Jonathon Davis
Lead Programmer
Templar Games

Very nice work!
What about dynamic lighting? It seems to be missing in your in-game shots. BTW. very impressive performance on a laptop!
I'd also revise texture coloring, especially for ground and interace textures. The stills look pretty dim and visually dull, could be because the dynamic lighting is not implemented yet, though.
Is the water animated using vertex or pixel shaders, or is it texture animation?

One small question, is the world ment to be that dark? I think that with some brighter lights, the game would look a little bit better.

Keep up the good work!

wow looks great, the ground is very nice and non repeative, Needs a little work on the water tho, seems you have most of the basics of the terrain down, nice job.
And about the name, Eh nevermind them! my games name is spacesim for god sakes. Might as well be called 'another random space game' lol, Names are of little importance (tho I do plan to change mine later)
Still, might wanna give it a 'project' name, if just something for it to be more easly refered to and not final at all.

I would like to thank everyone for their support and comments. I will let you guys know soon about the playable demo details. Those of you that responded with it being dark, that is because that is the time of day. It is suppose to be dark =)

darookie: Yes, dynamic lighting is implemented but we aren't utilizing it yet. We are trying to optimize the shadows right now.

Blackmoons: I am aware of your project, it is a nice one. Keep up the good work.

Thank you,
Jonathon Davis

[Edited by - jdavis on October 11, 2004 8:59:03 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!