Untitled RTS strikes again!

Started by
33 comments, last by Rahik 19 years, 5 months ago
Wow this looks REALLY awesome everyone and their mother should play this game because its going to be the COOLEST ever so buy lots of copies for you and ur friends!!!
Advertisement
This game looks like its going to be good.

Have you got any deadlines or goals set?
Do not remove a fly from your friend's forehead with a hatchet.Chinese Proverb
Quote:Original post by kooktroop
This game looks like its going to be good.

Have you got any deadlines or goals set?

Yes, all of our goals and deadlines were set before we even started. The demo design document is completed and we are adding more art each day. We are antisipating a playable demo launch on December 22nd. It will then be shipped to 7 different publishers as well as the community via demo sites and our website. I will keep you guys informed as more information arises. Keep checking the website as it will soon have full content :)

Also, we have 4 new units concepted.

Thanks everyone,
Jonathon Davis
Lead Programmer
Templar Games
This game reall looks promising. Good work Guys.

Is there some place i can get some nore details about the game ??

i would also like to know how many people are working for it and who is publishing it ?

Best Of Luck
Hanif Virani
Quote:Original post by hanifv
This game reall looks promising. Good work Guys.

Is there some place i can get some nore details about the game ??

i would also like to know how many people are working for it and who is publishing it ?

We are working hard to get a site up that will explain enough detail. We should have most of the game's content up on the website by next week. Our team consists of seven people and a publisher has not been determined. We are sending the demo out to quite a few.

Thank you,
Jonathon Davis
Lead Programmer
Templar Games
You're going to want to dump the day/night thing... playing at night will be no fun judging by the screen shots.
Very nice screenshots and models. This is an RTS correct? Based on the shots, it appears to be a RTS game but the polygon amounts/texture res of the units and buildings seems to be very high for the genre. Not sure if you are this far along yet but- how many of those units can the game handle on screen without causing serious lag?

I ask as my company is also developing a RTS game- our poly limits are considerably lower which allows us to keep hundreds of the units on screen at one time. Was just curious as to your situation.

Micah Hymer
Reverie Entertainment, LLC
www.reverieentertainment.com

--------------------tribal_warriorREVERIE Entertainemntwww.reverieentertainemnt.com~COMING VERY SOON~
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
You're going to want to dump the day/night thing... playing at night will be no fun judging by the screen shots.

night looks fine to me..

as i recall warcrack3 has night mode too, actually facors into the gameplay a bit too, and ive never had any complaints about that, nor met anyone who has
i was wondering when u realese this game(the full version) are u going to have online play? beacuse i would get bored fast with out online play and im sure others will 2 people dont really buy warcraft and starcraft to play by themselfes and is it going to be fast paced like in starcraft or more statistacle like in warcraft and empires and games like that but it does really look good
new screenshot with real-time shadows!

Quote:Original post by tribal_warrior
Very nice screenshots and models. This is an RTS correct? Based on the shots, it appears to be a RTS game but the polygon amounts/texture res of the units and buildings seems to be very high for the genre. Not sure if you are this far along yet but- how many of those units can the game handle on screen without causing serious lag?

I ask as my company is also developing a RTS game- our poly limits are considerably lower which allows us to keep hundreds of the units on screen at one time. Was just curious as to your situation.

It is hard to say what frame rate we will get when we have very little AI cycles right now. It can handle 300 units on the screen with real-time shadows but surely our frame rate will show a decent performance hit when we finish implementing the AI. :(

Quote:Original post by pyrokid
i was wondering when u realese this game(the full version) are u going to have online play? beacuse i would get bored fast with out online play and im sure others will 2 people dont really buy warcraft and starcraft to play by themselfes and is it going to be fast paced like in starcraft or more statistacle like in warcraft and empires and games like that but it does really look good

We have three gameplay modes. Tutorial, Campaign and Player vs. CPU. We do not have plans for internet capabilities for the demo as of yet. However, in the final release, internet play will be our main focus.

Also, the website should be up in the next couple days. It should answer most of your questions.

Thanks everyone,
Jonathon Davis
Lead Programmer
Templar Games

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement