• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Khaos Dragon

anyone have luck with cars in tokamak?

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having the hardest time implementing cars with the tokamak sdk. I have had an impossible time trying to get the sample8 car demo to compile, and upon integrating the code into my own, the car seems only to accelerate in a very disjoint (seems to randomly go left or right a tiny bit) fashion while steering does not work at all... If somebody knows how to do what I am trying to do is around, I would greatly appreciate any advice. If you have an instant chat client, and would prefer to talk over that, let me know, but I am desperately in need of help, the severe dearth of physics API documentation is very agravating and frustrating.

Advertisement
First, might I suggest that this be moved to the Math And Physics forum. It will probably recieve more attention there.

Second, perhaps you should switch physics SDKs. From what I've heard, Tokamak isn't very well supported, and hasn't been updated in a while. Perhaps Novodex would be better (it's used by the Unreal Engine), or something like Newton Game Dynamics (although I couldn't get any of their demos to compile, and the documentation needs a spell checker running over it).

I apologize for any spelling mistakes or general misinformation in this post. I have had a bit to drink...

[Edited by - iNsAn1tY on October 12, 2004 10:51:48 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!