GTK

Started by
3 comments, last by Winograd 19 years, 6 months ago
Hey Everyone, I want to learn GTK for general prgramming purposes. I want to learn it on windows first then go to linux after i get a good grasp on it. Does anyone have any good support sites or site with tutorials where i can learn how to make a GTK window for Windows?
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?
Advertisement
I'd say, use google, but even it seems to be stumped. The Gimp Tool Kit is linux native, and well... have you ever used gimp in windows?

I'd say look at wxwindows first. I was able to find more documentation for that.

I haven't used either, but wx seems alot more coder friendly.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
Dropline.net used to distribute some excellent GTK+ for windows binaries, but their page seems to be down at the moment. The other thing you could do, is get Gtk# (look on go-mono.com) and program for Gtk# (you need to use a .NET language).

If you're intent on learning Gtk on windows, you can do it, but it won't be pretty.

"There is no dark side of the moon really,
As a matter of fact, its all dark."
Thanks for your help... I guess ill stick with Win32 since i dont realy use Linux that much anyway.
............Could Jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

GTK+ for Win32

Why would it be any harder to learn GTK for Win32 than for any other platform? I found GTK much easier to use than Win32.. but thats just because i'm used to GTK.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement