• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
The Orange Peanut

Question regarding the legality of releasing source code written in VC# Express

This topic is 5395 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Alright, is it legal to release the source code to a program that I wrote in the VC# Express beta? I know it is against the EULA to distribute the final product, but I don't know about releasing the source code. For example, if I released the source code, someone could easily compile it with the free compiler, and I'm wondering if that would ensue me breaking the EULA? I'm sorry if I am unclear, but I hope that you can understand what I am trying to ask. Thanks.

Advertisement
i don't know for sure but I can't see how that would be a problem. You've got copywrite on any and all code you write - you could write c# code in notepad if you wanted so they can't possibly try to claim ownership of that. As long as your releasing your work it seems to me there's nothing wrong with that, there problem comes when you compile it with their software hence your useing there compiler which is bad. But unless you've written the greatest app ever created I dont' think anyone would even care :P

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!