• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Eresse

Animating a .X file with C#

This topic is 5396 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I have scoured the net for two days looking for an example of how to do animations from a .X file in C# and have come up with nothing. I have spent a day attempting it myself and getting no where. It just crashes on the LoadHierarchyFromFile call. Has anyone been able to do this and if so how? I would REALLY appreciate some help - code examples are always good. Its no use using GraphicsSample or SetUserData.. and all that because that was prior to the summmer release. I am most interested in the calls to set it up, ie from AnimateRootFrame, and how you have derived the classes AllocateHeirarcy, Frame, and MeshContainer. Although any help is appreciated - There is, as far as I can find, nothing out there in the way of information on this topic - Please correct me if I'm wrong. cheers, Shawn.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!