Battlefield: Zombie Defense

Started by
30 comments, last by zarthrag 19 years, 5 months ago
In RE, the zombies were ok: loud and stupid. But those damn dogs...

...I HATE those dogs!!!

If you're gonna do rural areas, zombie cows, wolves, even zombie pigeons would be a must - for flavor. Be sure to include the elderly, overweight, and even the kids!

I think lighting/sound would be a big key to gameplay. Flashlights, creaking floors, squeaky doors, thuds/booms, all can make for chaos.

Gotta have the flaming zombies.

Zombies need to patrol, and be doing things - houses should have zombies in the bathrooms, basements, and bedrooms - bodies that rise with disturbances.

An idea for dying without involving permadeath: lose control until an antedote is used, or make it urgent by making the player into a "super zombie" - better, stronger, faster!

I like the gradual loss though, maybe make it to where the player can't complete objectives, help players, or even fight zombies. Just search for an antedote.

For deeply scary isolation, make speech/chat ranged. You can only "talk" to who is around. Have a talk, whisper, and (slightly restricted) YELL mode which varies your communication/voice range. Nothing beats screaming for help (or in pain??) and getting (delayed) help, even MORE zombies, and a hoarse throat to boot!

And a stamina bar! Suburban residents aren't athletes!

just my 25c
"This I Command" - Serpentor, Ruler of C.O.B.R.A
Advertisement
I'd like to note, when dead and looking for antedote, other players shouldn't be allowed to administer it without restraining the zombie (requires help), as the player should eviscerate players on sight, and scream for help if they can do that in your game
"This I Command" - Serpentor, Ruler of C.O.B.R.A

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement