[java] Magician or Gl4java

Started by
13 comments, last by alert 23 years, 6 months ago
I am no web designer but take a look. Damn applets and jars are still pissing me off. And if gamedev would host it that would be cool because I really hate those damn banners. Freeservers say they don''t much info on people so I went with them. And they don''t appropriate ip like yahoo.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/hermetica/magician/GLEventListener
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
Exception in thread "main"

I wanrned you! Didn't I warn you?! That colored chalk was forged by Lucifer himself!
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
Advertisement
Great first attempt at a web site dude

im sure you''ll help alot of people with your information regarding magician.
some magician specific information would be great to start off.
as to get those of use starting out like myself well versed in it before the plunge into opengl

have you talked to gamedev regarding hosting the site ?
Can you be more specific as to what you would like a tutorial on? The GLComponent is basically a AWT Canvas, so in that respect it is no different than normal java GUI stuff. You just get to issue special commands for OpenGL to it. Do you want someing that explains GLComponent, GLEventListener, ...? I don''t know what your knowledge of Java is but you should probalble be somewhat fluent in Java before you start on Magician. I have been told that I am not a good teacher so give me as much feedback as you can. Something about my inability to suffer fools gladly.

I wanrned you! Didn't I warn you?! That colored chalk was forged by Lucifer himself!
"... we should have such an empire for liberty as she has never surveyed since the creation ..."Thomas Jefferson
Well i just started learning java and havn''t got into any awt related stuff yet.
but i wanna get into anything that is graphics related right away
You need to learn about AWT and events before you start on Magician. I know 3D graphics are cool but you don''t even know how to add Magician to an application. I am working on a tutorial on making a VERY simple applet, now that I have applets working, in the next couple of days. You really need to learn AWT before you learn OpenGL. By that time I should have some more stuff up on the site. You can learn java in 21 days. It is not a complex language.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement