• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
braclayrab

Easy DX in VC++ question

This topic is 5394 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to run a Program with DX that I programmed in VC++. I'm getting the error: winmain.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _Direct3DCreate9@4 Debug/example2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. example2.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s) I am using a Win32 Application Project and have changed the Run-time Library to Multithreaded DLL. I have to add the d3d9.lib to that project somehow, I think. How do I do that? I already added the SDK directories under Tools->Options->Directories. TIA!

Advertisement
C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT DIRECTX 9.0 SDK (SUMMER 2004)\LIB\d3d9.lib : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
Error executing link.exe.

C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT DIRECTX 9.0 SDK (SUMMER 2004)\LIB\d3d9.lib : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
Error executing link.exe.

Did you add the INCLUDE as well as the LIB directories for the SDK under Tools->Options->Directories?

That's something that I always forgot to do.

If you are using visual studio you go

Project->"projectname"->Linker->Input->additional dependencies and type d3d9.lib in the box....

Thats the only way I know how to use libs....
And you need to make sure it knows where the lib directory is.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!