• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
EvilProgrammer

Anyone know what might cause...

This topic is 5393 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

...this? Here are some samples of some spheres, specifically they are the gluquadricobject versions, although I have replaced them with my own shapes and seen similar results (they seem to be stretched along a plane). The funny thing is it happens with roughly 1 out of every 30 spheres drawn, all the others are drawn correctly. As you can see, the polygons appear stretched. You probably can't tell from the picture, but they are not drawn where they are supposed to be, besides being stretched to what appears an infinite distance. I'm banking on the fact that I'm not the only one who has ever seen this happen, and someone else out there can tell me what's going wrong. oh and btw, I have tried this on different machines with the same result. If anyone can help, thank you very much.

Advertisement
Weird. Are you doing any local scaling or transformation with your spheres, i.e.

glPushMatrix();
// Scaling and stuff
// Draw sphere
glPopMatrix();

If your scaling was messed up somehow it might cause something like that.

Well, I have used different methods of scaling, but I have tried running it without scaling and it doesn't fix the problem.

EDIT: Hooray! I figured it out! Removing glRotate() calls took care of the problem! Obviously I do need to rotate though, so any clue as to what is wrong?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!