c# book

Started by
4 comments, last by Ilankt 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I'm going to buy a C# programming book in the near future. Does anyone know a good one. Perhaps covering C# 8.0 (NET Framework 2.0) or is it too early to expect a book for that? Perfect would be a book that is not explaning what variables are :) I looked at Amazon already but no book convinced me totally Hope this is the right section to post this question... Thx in advance! -- constantin
Advertisement
I'd highly recommend Deitel & Deitel's C#: How to Program.
I'd second jperalta. Dietel and Dietel books tend to be reference bibles for languages.

Not sure if any cover generics etc yet... the publisher "Wrox" tends to churn out books the quickest after a standards change - by throwing half a dozen authors at the subject. Can lead to a bit of a non-flowing and large book though.

If you want a structured tutorial style approach - try Joseph Mayo's "C# Unleashed".
Anything posted is personal opinion which does not in anyway reflect or represent my employer. Any code and opinion is expressed “as is” and used at your own risk – it does not constitute a legal relationship of any kind.
Go with that one... I got C# Bible and it wasn't too good. And it's like 2300 pages. :(
Lots of people may disagree with me, but I bought C# for expierenced programmers by deitel and thought the book was horrible..and would not recommend that to anyone..it's not that it was hard to follow along or anything..but, just didn't cover the items I was looking for..the only thing I ever really used it for was looking at some of the source code to find how to do some things..

I've heard good things about Windows Forms..that book looks like it covers lots..but seems more of a refrence
I really recommend this book, I really love it, it's for C++ programmers, because he explain each thing, and tell you the diffrence between C++ and C#.
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement