• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
demonsbreath

What's the newest version of MSVC++

This topic is 5458 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I REALLY need to upgrade my version of MSVC++ (I have v1.52c - a version from 1985). My questions are: What's the newest version of MSVC++ and Can you get it in a Student Version?

Advertisement
You might want to download the Microsoft Visual C++ .Net 2005 Express (Beta) for free from here

There's Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 at student prices too.

Commerically, Visual C++.NET 2003 is the newest version.

Though, as suggested, VC++ 2005 Express is available in beta.

If you want VC++.NET 2003, you can find the whole Visual Studio for under $100

Quote:
Original post by Maega
If you want VC++.NET 2003, you can find the whole Visual Studio for under $100

That's for students only I assume, right?

nope that's the regular price for the standard edition

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000089GKV/qid=1097704449/sr=-1/ref=sr__1_etk-software/102-7117955-5384947?v=glance&s=software&n=229534

standard edition is pretty much the same as professional edition but without the optimizing compiler (you can get the msvc 2003 toolkit for free download from MS wich contain the optimizing compiler & replace the non optimizing one with it but the optimisations in the IDE are still greyed out so u'll need to add the optimisation switch manually in the compiler parameters)

beside that it's no diferent then pro edition (no splash screen nor commercial restritction or anything as far as i know)

uhm. damn. I paid +- 150 euros for it about one year ago:( Has it always been that cheap on amazon, or is there a reason for? Probably because the next version will be out soon, and they are for sale now?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!