[web] Image Gallery

Started by
9 comments, last by Creative 19 years, 6 months ago
Anyone know a simple photo gallery script that could be easily implemented?
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Advertisement
Have you looked at CopperMine?
Quote:Original post by evolutional
Have you looked at CopperMine?

I was looking for something that automatically put up images based on directory and stuff like that, but this is good enough. It's a bitch to confine to your site though. I'm having the hardest time conforming it to my CSS. It'll be great when it's done though. I know it's not suppose to be used that way, but hey, it's me.
I wrote my own in ASP once, it was an experience to say the least ^_- Not really that difficult, just fiddly.
There's always http://gallery.sourceforge.net/
Play Odd Man In - A web based game of guns and game theory.
I believe I've installed and attempted integrating about twenty different scripts for various projects. I have very general requirements, you'd think it would be easy to find something basic.

- Built in uploader
- Automatic thumbnailing
- Multiple categories
- Password protected admin center, via PHP or .htaccess
- And either have good separation of code and template, or not be completely brutish to modify for integration.

I've found only one gallery that fits all of those needs. Unfortunately for me, I cannot find the script in my computer anymore, and I can't remember what it was named. All I remember is that I found it while browsing the Hot Chicks thread -- it was used by someone who's images had been hotlinked.
[Slime] I saw a headline on the newspaper today: "Horrific Rape in Alley", or something.[Slime] I was like "Is there any other kind of rape?"[Slime] "HILARIOUS RAPE AS CLOWN SODOMIZED"
Quote:Original post by BenGarvey
There's always http://gallery.sourceforge.net/

Hmmmm, it's alright, not amazing though. I found it very difficult to install. I didn't like it as much as Coppermine though.

Quote:Original post by Katta
- Built in uploader
- Automatic thumbnailing
- Multiple categories
- Password protected admin center, via PHP or .htaccess
- And either have good separation of code and template, or not be completely brutish to modify for integration.

I've found only one gallery that fits all of those needs. Unfortunately for me, I cannot find the script in my computer anymore, and I can't remember what it was named. All I remember is that I found it while browsing the Hot Chicks thread -- it was used by someone who's images had been hotlinked.

Darn... I don't even need a built in uploader as it's usually faster to upload via FTP anyway. It would be nice if it:

• Automatically build up the albums from the directory tree
  • Automatic thumbnailing
  • .... And that's all I'm really looking for

I bet I'll end up making my own script as all the ones I've used have been either way too hardcore, way too softcore, or just an insult to programmers everywhere. If anyone has any clue where to find something like this, let me know before I waste 10 hours of my life. Well, if I do make it, it'll be nice to distribute.
My Homemade Album

I am more than willing to give you the code behind it. This runs on my home pc.

I have a vbscript program that scans a directory for photos. If it finds any it loads the photos to my local website and generates thumbnails.
It uses ImageMagik (sp?) to generate the thumbnails.
Quote:Original post by jswidorski
My Homemade Album

I am more than willing to give you the code behind it. This runs on my home pc.

I have a vbscript program that scans a directory for photos. If it finds any it loads the photos to my local website and generates thumbnails.
It uses ImageMagik (sp?) to generate the thumbnails.

That's really cool! Could you email it to me or something? I'll put a huge thanks to you if I use it or write up an alternative script for it. And nice idea with the VBScript. I wouldn't want to use that though as I'm constantly on a new computer every day.

[Edited by - Rob Loach on October 19, 2004 12:08:43 PM]
Found one: Qdig. It's very nicely done. I suggest you check it out. I modified it heavily to conform to my web layout.

Final Product

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement