• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
kRogue

NVSDK question (nvidia SDK)

This topic is 5392 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all I just wanted to ask a quick question to everyone: on the web page (of nvidia) http://developer.nvidia.com/object/cg_toolkit_1_1.html there is an nVidia SDK (for Linux, win9x, ect) part of it includes some source code for things that are just iritating to write... does anyone know if it ok to use it in ones own projects, i.e. to just cut and paste some of their code (I am thinking code from the "shared") directory... none of the stuff is hard to write, just,well, time comsuming and irritating... would just like to use stuff that I know already works... Best Regards

Advertisement
Are there no licensing agreements supplied with or in the code? I expect it's all free for you to use, as they supply that sort of thing to promote the capabilities of their hardware.

the file LinuxSDK.zip has no doucmentation files with it at all, though they do use zlib... but the licencse of zlib may or may not be what nvidia has in mind... moreover, much of the code there will work on ATI cards just fine anyways...

my question is asked since I need to decide what license I can release my code under... I was going to do GPL or LGPL (I lean to GPL since I want to use other GPL toolkits/code I've seen running around)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!