• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
b3rs3rk

Register Combiners problem

This topic is 5455 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i'm slowly becoming mad. I've set up register combiners to do diffuse light and works fine. I use tex0 for normal map, tex1 for cube map and tex2 for decal texture. So i should do tex2 * (tex0 dot tex1) right? Here's the code:
//1 general combiner
glCombinerParameteriNV(GL_NUM_GENERAL_COMBINERS_NV, 1);

//combiner 0 does	tex0.rgb dot tex1.rgb -> spare0.rgb,
glCombinerInputNV(	GL_COMBINER0_NV, GL_RGB, GL_VARIABLE_A_NV, GL_TEXTURE0_ARB,GL_EXPAND_NORMAL_NV, GL_RGB);
glCombinerInputNV(	GL_COMBINER0_NV, GL_RGB, GL_VARIABLE_B_NV, GL_TEXTURE1_ARB,GL_EXPAND_NORMAL_NV, GL_RGB);
glCombinerOutputNV(	GL_COMBINER0_NV, GL_RGB, GL_SPARE0_NV, GL_DISCARD_NV, GL_DISCARD_NV,GL_NONE, GL_NONE, GL_TRUE, GL_FALSE, GL_FALSE);

glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_A_NV, GL_SPARE0_NV, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_B_NV, GL_TEXTURE2_ARB, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_C_NV, GL_ZERO, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_D_NV, GL_ZERO, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);

i've tryied this and works. Now all i want to do is to add some attenuation (tex3) . I've created a 3d texture and now all i should do is: tex2 * ( tex3 * (tex0 dot tex1) ) , is this right? So i've changed the final combiner this way:
//do constant spare0*tex2 in the EF multiplier
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_E_NV, GL_SPARE0_NV, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_F_NV, GL_TEXTURE2_ARB, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);

//do tex3*spare0*tex2
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_A_NV, GL_TEXTURE3_ARB, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_B_NV, GL_ZERO, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_C_NV, GL_E_TIMES_F_NV, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);
glFinalCombinerInputNV(GL_VARIABLE_D_NV, GL_ZERO, GL_UNSIGNED_IDENTITY_NV, GL_RGB);

but nothing changes! what's wrong?

Advertisement
I don't know why it doesn't work, but I know something's wrong in your code.

By submitting TEX3 to A, zero to B, E*F to C, zero to D, SPARE0 to E and TEX2 to F, then the final RGB fragment is :
A*B+(1-A)*C+D
that is :
TEX3*zero+(1-TEX3)*(E*F)+zero
that is :
(1-TEX3)*SPARE0*TEX2
that is :
(1-TEX3)*(TEX0 DOT TEX1)*TEX2

so if you want TEX3*TEX2*(TEX1 DOT TEX0) you should set E*F to B and zero to C.

now the screen is black o_O
i'm sure the 3d texture works because if i compute tex3*tex2*(tex0 dot tex1) using opengl extensions everything goes as it should.. so what could be?

Can you host a zip file containing source code + executable please ?
Since it "should" work, I hardly think why it fails just like that.

Also, what's your graphics card / OS / driver version combo ?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!