VC++ 2003 Toolkit [NOT WORKING]

Started by
9 comments, last by Oluseyi 19 years, 6 months ago
Well, I downloaded the VC++ 2003 Toolkit, now I got my own little compiler! :D Than I compiled a few console programs using the "printf" command, and it all went well. Than I grabbed my little macro program that makes use of GetCursor, BitBlt, and other GDI functions (Which compiled prefectly in Visual Studio 6), and I'm getting errors... It says something like (approx). __IMP__UNRESOLVED EXTERNAL SYMBOL BITBLT(@6) Strange, cause my source code clearly imports "Windows.h" so it should have recognized BitBlt (And all the other functions too). Whats going on? [What I've tried so far] 1) Downloaded WindowsSP2 SDK, extracted all "Libs" + "Includes" into the compilers "Libs" & "Incs" folders. Recompiled, got same error. 2) Restarting without saving my files. 3) Moving my desk. halp! :(
Advertisement
Did you link in the GDI library? From the looks of it you didn't.
Ra
You mean in the compiler options?

Doesn't the include fix that all for me?
Apparently it doesn't. I'd check out all the docs of the compiler and make sure that you have all the linking options enabled....
cl /O2 /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_MBCS" /MLd /W4 /TC /EHsc /Zi /GL /G7 /link Gdi32.lib cMain.c

Is what I tried just now, and it doesn't recognize the "gdi32.lib".

Any veterans know whats wrong? ;(
Am I right in thinking you'll need the platform SDK installed to get the correct libs?
Quote:Original post by evolutional
Am I right in thinking you'll need the platform SDK installed to get the correct libs?

You should be right, when I looked at the libraries included with the toolkit, they were scarce and odd looking (Definently not the Win32 libraries found in VS6).

However, I have the Microsoft SDK, and its still not working!
Try searching for gdi32.lib to make sure it is actually installed.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.
Quote:Original post by CodeMunkie
Try searching for gdi32.lib to make sure it is actually installed.

Lol, who do you take me for?

Anyways... putting this in my program made it work. Its also a little nicer than playing around with compiler settings.
#pragma comment(lib, "gdi32.lib")#pragma comment(lib, "user32.lib")

Sorry, no offense intended. I just know I can often overlook the simple things. Glad you got it working though.
"When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy."
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement