• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
BBB

Code counter for DevCpp

This topic is 5423 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I put every function in a separete sourcefile (i can't understand guys like André LaMothe who have ~3000 lines of code in one sourcefile) so it takes a while to count all the code by hand, so i was wondering if there is a tool which counts the number of lines in all .cpp and .hpp files (including comments and empty lines) in a Dev-Cpp project, ive seen such tools for VC++ but not Dev-Cpp (GCC is slooow but what the heck its free :) ).

Advertisement
yeah you can see how many lines you have and how many commented and blank just go to Project->Right Click->Properies or for just one file do the same on the file tab in the text editor window magigger

Its in the status bar

(wow i havent been on in 2 days, except for once yesterday, and my rating plunged 12 points 0.o)

EDit: you say gcc is slow, but i find it faster than msvc++, at least it was with v6 and .net7, i never tried 7.1, or the new beta thing.

[Edited by - DerAnged on October 13, 2004 7:20:17 PM]

Well it shouldnt be a hard program to write, get all the files from the .dev, then just run through and linenum++, i really findi t hard to beleive it hasnt been done before?

Quote:
Original post by Maega
Quote:
Original post by BBB
I put every function in a separete sourcefile.

You what?

He puts every function in a seperate sourcefile, which is odd, becasue i do it class per file, but ok his style.

Quote:
Original post by DerAnged
Quote:
Original post by Maega
Quote:
Original post by BBB
I put every function in a separete sourcefile.

You what?

He puts every function in a seperate sourcefile, which is odd, becasue i do it class per file, but ok his style.

I know. My question was out of astonishment that someone would do something as... unpractical (only semi nice way I could put it :P).

I can't imagine what his header include section looks like. Wow.

Quote:
Original post by Maega
He might put all their prototypes into a single headers, or just a few. (Yes, I'm hypothesizing wildly [smile])

Quote:
Original post by Oluseyi
Quote:
Original post by Maega
He might put all their prototypes into a single headers, or just a few. (Yes, I'm hypothesizing wildly [smile])

Entirely possible. I hope he learns soon that this is just a really bad thing :D

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!