how to select different subitems in a listview

Started by
4 comments, last by felisandria 19 years, 6 months ago
how do i select different subitems in a listview not the first subitem (that you can select by default by clicking on it).
Advertisement
I'm not sure what you're really asking here. If the question is how you make items selected, then you probably want SetItemState, which I can explain further if that's the question. If the question is how you select the entire row, then it's SetExtendedstyles(LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT). If neither is what you're asking, elaborate.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
sort of like that, but i want to select each subitem not the whole row

example:

headers |memory| |value|
row 0x12ff7c 5

but i want to be able to select the 5 by clicking on it but by default you cant. so how will i be able to do this.
Well, that's not trivial. It's not awful, but it's not trivial. The control doesn't really natively do that. But, there are a lot of articles on Codeguru that will help you determine how much stuff you want to do to your list control, and how to get it to do that.

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Quote:Original post by felisandria
Well, that's not trivial. It's not awful, but it's not trivial. The control doesn't really natively do that. But, there are a lot of articles on Codeguru that will help you determine how much stuff you want to do to your list control, and how to get it to do that.

-fel

not in mfc. i am using win32api
Meh. Why do people never specify up front.

Try this.

-fel

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement