• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
3dguru

C based user interface library.

This topic is 5391 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
I know of plenty, but I recommend GTK, because it's multiplatform(IMO, not enough programmers are learning multiplatform libraries today)

Quote:
Original post by 3dguru
Any windows only?
Win32.

There's little reason for any third party to create a free, Windows-only UI library.

[Edit: Great minds, boebi.]

Quote:
Original post by 3dguru
Any windows only?

why windows only? if it works on more platforms, you can double, even triple the number of people who will get your program.

hmmmm are you looking for a game gui library? because if you're not I dont see why not just use WinApi.

If you are looking for a game GUI Library, I am working on one which I will make public pretty soon, though its not even half done yet.

Exactly, a game gui library. Anyway thanks for the answers I will google it also but wanted to ask you first.

What graphics API are you using? there is a ton of GUI projects for SDL, a bunch of OpenGL projects and to be honest, I have not seen any D3D ones, free or otherwise, mine is supposed to be easily adaptable to any Graphics GUI by means of "Interfaces", Currently I am coding a SDL and an OpenGL interface along with it and the starting code for a D3D interface is already there [smile]

I have it on my public CVS, if anyone wants to take a look I can give you the CVSROOT.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!